- UNIQUE DUAL-PURPOSE DESIGN: This is the world’s first motorised treadmill that is designed especially for both dogs and humans. It can be converted for canine use in less than 3 minutes
- REMOTE CONTROL SPEED: The treadmill comes with a handy remote control which can be used to start and stop the machine and control the speed
- SPACE SAVING DESIGN: The treadmill packs flat very easily and can be stashed away under a bed or sofa until you need to use it. Ideal for home use
- MAINS POWERED DIGITAL DISPLAY: 3 digital displays tell you how many steps you have taken, time, speed and distance covered
- HANDRAIL AND SIDE GUARDS: Comes complete with a handrail for humans and a guard rail at the front for dogs, plus detachable canvas side panels to encourage your pooch to stay on track.
The Gravitis Pet Supplies dual purpose electric treadmill is the world’s first treadmill designed especially for dogs AND humans.
Each unit can be converted for canine use in less than three minutes with detachable canvas side panels to help your dog focus when they are running and a removable safety bar at the front to keep them on track.
The system is mains-powered and has a floor-level digital LED display with touch button controls that tells you the number of steps taken, time elapsed, the speed, distance travelled and the amount of calories burned (by humans). It comes complete with a remote control which can be used to stop and start the unit and control the speed during use. This comes complete with a handy wrist loop so you can keep hold of it easily if you are running on the treadmill. The maximum speed is 8 km/h (Approx. 5 mph) so it is best suited for use at a slow jog or brisk walk in humans or walking and running for dogs.
At the front of the unit a red clip-on cable works as an emergency stop device for both humans and dogs if they trip or fall from the machine. This should be attached to you or your dog at all times when using the treadmill.
The space-saving design means that the dog treadmill can be stored away easily when not in use. It folds very flat and can be easily stashed under a bed or sofa if you do not want to leave it up all the time, making it ideal for home use.
The maximum weight for this machine is 100kg (220lbs) which mean it is extremely versatile and suitable for both humans and very large dog breeds.
Tips for getting started with your dog on the treadmill:
- Every dog is different. Some prefer to start out with the machine running slowly, others prefer to get on when it is stopped and build up gradually from a standing start.
- Keep your dog on a lead and stand close by with treats and encouragement.
- Keep your first session short and increase the length of your sessions gradually over time so that your dog builds confidence. Give them lots of praise and treats afterwards.
- Once your dog has gained confidence on the treadmill, start to focus on their gait. Ideally the dog needs to be trotting – so that their opposite legs are moving at the same time. At first your dog may be pacing – where both right legs or both left legs are moving at the same time. To encourage tour dog to trot, turn up the speed a little until you see them transition into a trot, then reduce the speed again to a comfortable running pace for your dog. Encouraging them to trot will enable your dog to get the maximum health benefits from using the machine.
- Just like a human, your dog will need to cool down so before stopping the machine, slow it down and allow them 5-10 minutes to walk slowly and cool down before they stop.
If you’re going to use the machine as well as your dog, it is better suited to slow jogging or brisk walking with a top speed of 8 km/h (Approx. 5 mph).
The Gravitis Pet Supplies dual purpose electric treadmill is the world’s first motorized running machine that is designed for use by dogs and humans and can be converted for canine use in less than 3 minutes.
DIGITAL LED DISPLAY
The bright digital LED display on the base of the unit tells you how many steps you have taken, the time taken, speed, distance and calories burned (by humans), so you can make sure that you and your dog are training consistently.
There are simple touch button controls on the display – plus a handy remote control which enables you to stop and start the treadmill and control the speed whilst you or your dog are using the machine.
SPACE SAVING DESIGN
The canvas side panels and dog safety bar are detachable and the whole treadmill folds flat so that it can easily be stored away under a bed or sofa until you need to use it. Making it ideal for home use.
UK MAINLAND SHIPPING ONLY!!